Patriot Secured VISA® Credit Card
The Great Starter Card with Spirit!
Created for those special situations when you are looking to build or rebuild your credit, the Patriot Secured Visa Credit Card is the perfect option. Here’s how it works:
- Decide what credit limit you would like up to $3,000. An equivalent deposit must be maintained in your share savings account.
- For example, a deposit of $500 held as collateral is the amount of your credit limit.
- When you use the Secured Visa®, you must pay it back with regular payments to establish a good track record.
- Your good track record will be reported to the credit bureaus, which means you begin building a good credit history.
The Secured Visa requires you to stay within a credit limit covered by the savings deposit in the same amount. So, if you have the discipline to make your payments on time and pay off the balance, you’ll be rewarded with a credit score that opens up options for loans down the road!
Here are the benefits of this great credit card option:
- No annual fee
- Low balance transfer fee
- Low minimum payments – only $25 or 1.5% of balance, whichever is greater
- 26-day grace period
- Accepted Worldwide
Click here for rates, fees and disclosures
Merchant Fees for Patriot VISA® Credit Cards
As a result of a court settlement between retailers and VISA® and MasterCard®, merchants may pass along their payment processing costs to consumers who pay with a credit card. Beginning January 27, 2013 a merchant who chooses to exercise this surcharge, sometimes referred to as a “checkout fee,” could increase your credit card purchase amount by as much as 4% (the maximum allowed). This surcharge is only applicable to credit cards, not debit and pre-paid cards.
To apply, call 888-777-9982, or click here to apply online.