Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To better serve you, Patriot is making changes to our credit card program. Below you will find some frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers. Please check this page regularly as information and updates are being added on a weekly basis. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call our contact center at 888-777-9982.
Note: All Credit Cards issued originally by Neighbors 1st Federal Credit Union will not be impacted by the changes to our credit card processes.
Q. Why are changes being made to my credit card?
A. For several years, Patriot has partnered with TMG to provide credit card services to our members. Effective August 24, 2018, we will make changes to the program to service credit cards in house. This will enable members to access their credit card account information through our eBranch and Patriot Mobile channels – just one log-in to access all of your account information at Patriot.
Q. What are the benefits of having my credit card information in Patriot Mobile and eBranch?
A. Cardholders will be able to view account activity and historical activity, transfer from their Patriot checking or savings to make payments, and more. Starting July 6, when cardholders log into eBranch, they will notice that some previous statements have already been uploaded. This process is expected to be completed by August 26, at which time 18 months of historical statements will be accessible in eBranch. They will also be able to view recent transactions on both eBranch and Patriot Mobile beginning August 26.
Q. Will I be issued a new credit card?
A. While a new vertical card design is being introduced, existing credit cardholders will not be receiving this new design right away. In general, new credit cards will be distributed gradually with members receiving the vertical design cards just before their existing credit card expires.
Q. I just received a new card, even though my current card is not set to expire until September 2018. Do I need to take action?
A. If your existing Patriot credit card is set to expire between July and September 2018, you will be re-issued your card in July 2018. Your new card will have the same card number, however, the CVV and expiration date will change. While most merchants participate in VISA Account Updater (VAU), which automatically updates this information, not all merchants are enrolled in this program. We suggest that you check your account for any pre-authorized drafts to ensure that they remain in place.
Q. How do I reset my automatic payments to billers with my new credit card?
A. Although the re-issued cards will have a new CVV and expiration date, VISA Account Updater (VAU) will automatically provide this new information to all merchants enrolled in the VAU program. While you should not need to notify merchants at which you have a pre-authorized draft established, we recommend that you monitor your account to ensure that any pre-authorized debits remain intact. To view a list of merchants that are linked to this service, click here.
Q. Will I be able to access previous credit card statements and view transactions conducted on my old credit card?
A. Yes, beginning August 26, cardholders will have access to up to 18 months of historical statements in eBranch. They will be able to view recent transactions on both eBranch and Patriot Mobile.
Q. During the transition from the current partner to servicing to in-house, how will new credit card applications be impacted?
- New Joint Account applicants through August 17 will receive the regular credit card. By the end of September, they will be sent a new card.
- New Single Account applicants through August 17 will get the regular credit card. While members can continue to use this card until it expires, please note that the member service phone number at the back of card will change effective August 22 to 888-803-4913.
- New Single Account applicants after August 17 will be sent their credit card no earlier than August 22.
Q. How does this impact my member service options?
A. Effective August 24, 2018, please call 888-803-4913 for card services. To report a lost or stolen credit card, please call 888-803-4912.
Q. How will the transition impact the ability to perform transactions on the “VISA Account Secure Login” portal at Patriot’s website?
A. As Patriot transitions to an updated in-house credit card servicing platform in August, 2018, the following functions will no longer be available on this site as indicated below:
- All Payment methods, including Automatic Payments and Scheduling Payments in Advance – Would no longer be available at this site as of 5 PM ET, on 8/17/18
- Balance Transfers – Would no longer be available at this site as of 6 PM ET, on 8/10/18
Beginning August 25, all payment methods will available for cardholders via eBranch. if you wish to do a balance transfer or need assistance, please call 888-777-9982.
Q. What are the key milestones transition?
Milestones related to Online Transactions on MyCardInfo
Due to the transition, the following functions will no longer be available on the VISA Account Secure Login portal on our website, as indicated below:
- Balance Transfers – Not available as of 6 PM ET, on August 10
- All Payment methods, including Automatic Payments and Scheduling Payments – Not available as of 5 PM ET, on August 17
- Beginning August 26, all payment methods will be available for cardholders via eBranch. If you wish to do a balance transfer or you need assistance, please call 888-777-9982.
Other key milestones:
- Your final credit card statement from the current service platform will be issued on August 1.
- Effective August 24, please call 888-803-4913 for card services. To report a lost or stolen credit card, please call 888-803-4912.
- During the period of August 23 – 25, members will be unable to activate their cards. Card activation will resume again on August 26.
- Beginning September 1, new credit card statements will be issued from the updated services platform.
Q. Are there any changes to the card user agreement?
A. The general terms and conditions of your credit card will not change as a result of the re-issue, unless specifically notified by Patriot elsewhere.
Q. I have existing convenience checks, can I continue to use them?
A. Current cardholders who have convenience checks should use them before July 31 or destroy them. These checks will no longer be valid or accepted after that date. If you would like to have convenience checks, they will be available upon request after August 27.
Q. What value-added features will the credit cards offer?
A. Our new VISA consumer credit cards will offer the following value-added features:
- Purchase Security
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver,
- Travel & Emergency Assistance Service and
- Travel Accident Insurance
Note: Our new VISA credit cards will only offer benefits 1 through 4 at this time.