Home Equity Loans and Home Equity Lines of Credit in Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia
Using the equity in you have built in your home can be a smart way to finance home improvements, higher education, large purchases, or to consolidate higher interest rate debt. Choose from our fixed rate Home Equity Loan or a variable rate Home Equity Line of Credit.
Home Equity Loan
A Traditional Home Equity Loan at Patriot provides a fixed APR, one lump-sum payout, and equal monthly payments over a specific time period. If you want a fixed amount of money, a regular home equity loan that gives you the entire amount up front may benefit you the most.
- Loans up to 100% of the equity in your home
- Interest rate and payment are fixed for the life of the loan
- No prepayment penalty
Home Equity Line of Credit (Patriot Equity Line)
With a Patriot Home Equity Line of Credit, you borrow only the amount that you need, when you need it. If you are looking for an indeterminate amount of money that you can draw on when needed over a few years, a home equity line of credit may benefit you the best.
- Lines up to 100% of the equity in your home
- The Patriot Equity Line has low monthly payments that makes it easy on your budget – while other financial institutions require higher monthly payments, our low payment gives you flexibility when you need it.
- Repay only what you borrow, plus interest. So, if your line of credit is $50,000 and you only borrow $20,000 – you only pay on the $20,000 you borrowed.
Make the Most of the Equity in Your Home at Patriot Federal Credit Union
Over time, the value of your home has grown and your mortgage balance has been reduced or eliminated by the payments you have made. The equity in your home (the property value minus any liens against it) holds funding potential for further education, paying off high-interest debt, the home remodel you’ve always wanted, and more. Home equity loans include several benefits compared to other types of loans that you may not be aware of:
- Higher borrowing limits
- Typically lower interest rates
- Tax-deductible interest (if you itemize your deductions on your federal income tax return you may be able to deduct the interest on up to $100,000)
- Patriot allows you to borrow up to 100% of the equity on your home where many other lenders allow you to borrow only up to 80%
Patriot cares about the communities we’re in, so we want to make it easy for members of these communities to attain life goals, such as continuing education, home renovations, a new car, or paying off high-interest debt. Our home equity loan options are low-interest and require low payments, making it more possible to add into your budget than you might think.
Patriot’s mission is “People Helping People – Not for Profit, Not for Charity, But for Service.” Stop by one of our branches in Chambersburg, PA, Waynesboro, PA, or Hagerstown, MD, or get in touch with one of our friendly and knowledgeable mortgage consultants to see for yourself.
All loans are subject to credit approval and pertinent closing costs apply.