Count on emergency assistance while traveling
When you are traveling or working anywhere in the world, your covered Patriot Federal Credit Union card gets you access to a multilingual call center – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – to help get the assistance you need. As a covered Patriot Federal Credit Union cardholder, you, your spouse and legal dependent children under 22 years of age who are traveling with you can call 1-800-992-6029, a dedicated toll-free number in the United States, or call 1-804-673-1675 collect when traveling abroad. Keep in mind this program provides assistance only. You are responsible for the cost of any services received.
The following services are offered:
- Pre-Trip Assistance provides information about health precautions, weather reports, currency exchanges rates, visas, ATM locations and immunizations
- Medical Referral Assistance provides medical referral, monitoring and follow-up
- Emergency Transportation Assistance arranges for transportation under medical supervisor
- Emergency Message Service can relay emergency messages for travelers and is available 24 hours a day
- Emergency Prescription Assistance and Valuable Document Delivery Arrangements can accommodate unexpected prescription needs or transport critical documents (e.g., passport or travel visa), which may have been left at home or elsewhere
- Legal Referral Assistance can arrange contact with English-speaking attorneys, U.S. Embassies and consulates and bail-bond assistance
- Emergency Ticket Replacement arranges for replacement and delivery of new tickets and assists with ticket reimbursement procedures
- Lost Luggage Locator Service can help you through the common carrier’s claim procedures or can arrange shipment of replacement items if an airline or common carrier loses your checked luggage
- Emergency Translation Service provides telephone assistance in all major languages and helps find local interpreters, if available
Below you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions about the benefit
Q: Can you explain how the coverage works if I need to get help replacing prescription medications?
A: This coverage is included when you are traveling out of the country. Just call the toll-free number. you’ll need to provide the Benefit Administrator with some key information, including your name and address, the name of the prescription, your doctor’s name or the name of your pharmacy and a phone number where the Benefit Administrator can reach you and your location. The Benefit Administrator will contact your doctor or pharmacy to get a prescription and work to find the medicine locally. The Benefit Administrator will call you back with information about where and when you can pit it up. If it isn’t available locally, they will coordinate getting the medicine shipped to you (provided that local laws allow).
Q: Can you explain how the coverage works if I need to get help replacing my passport or travel visa?
A: This coverage is included when you are traveling out of the country. Just call the toll-free number. You’ll need to provide the Benefit Administrator with some key information, including your name and address, the city where your passport was issued, a phone number where we can reach you and your location. The Benefit Administrator will contact the U.S. Passport Office and determine where or not there is an office close to you. If there is, they will schedule your appointment and help you with the paperwork. If there is not an office nearby, they will work to get all of the forms in order so that your replacement passport and/or travel visa can be issued and delivered to you.
Visa Card Benefits Solutions makes the benefits available to you through cbsi and enrollment is not effective until you receive a Confirmation of Receipt of Enrollment from cbsi. Please refer to the Á la Carte Kit to get information on program mechanics, FAQs, disclosure requirements and other Terms and Conditions.
Visa Confidential: This document contains Visa’s proprietary information for use by Visa issuers and their processors solely in support of Visa card programs. Disclosure to third parties or any other use is prohibited without prior written permission of Visa Inc.
© 2018 Visa. All Rights Reserved.