The effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to spread quickly across the area, nation and worldwide, and we recognize this is having very real impact on the finances of our members.
For over 55 years, Patriot Federal Credit Union has been helping our members, their families, and our communities and we know that it is during times like this that you need us now more than ever. We understand the importance of helping members improve their financial lives with solutions, advice, and support – we’ll make it through this together.
During this tough time, we’ve made several changes to provide relief and increased peace of mind for you and all members including:
- Temporarily waive limits on the number of transfers from savings and money market accounts (Reg D) – since our branch lobbies are closed, transactions made through online, mobile and telephone services will not count toward the maximum allowed under Regulation D
- Remove deposited items every hour from branch night depositories during normal business hours
- Offer solutions to members facing financial hardships due to an interruption in income to ease the burden of Patriot consumer loan payments including:
- “Skip-A-Months” without a fee on home equity loans and lines, mortgages, personal lines of credit, Express Signature Loans, business loans, as well as auto and consumers loans . . . please call us at 888-777-9982
- Loan modifications
- Interest only payments
- Suspend the cancellation or non-renewal of TruStage Insurance policies (effective March 12, 2020) for members who fail to pay premiums for 90 days on AD&D, Health, and Life Insurance products purchased through the credit union. Members who need assistance on deferring Liberty Mutual auto and homeowner policy payments to avoid cancellation of their policy, please visit the Liberty Mutual website for details.
- Assist business members with emergency loans to reduce stress and allow businesses to focus on the health of their business with less financial worry.
- Temporarily relax qualifications on Express Signature Loans, enabling members to get a $1,000 emergency loan payable over 12 months.
We’ll also continue to do what we can to keep our areas safe for members, staff, and our community by:
- Practicing social distancing – limiting branch service to drive-up only, as well as remote work arrangements for some staff
- Protecting our members and staff by encouraging regular hand-washing, providing hand sanitizer in our lobbies for members meeting by appointment, equipping our staff with gloves and cleaning products, and increasing the frequency and diligence of our office cleaning.
- Maintaining our drive-ups and ATMs, including regular cleaning of the keypads and screens – we still recommend that consumers wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after using an ATM or other high-touch device
While occupancy in our branches remains limited, we understand that not all transactions (i.e., accessing a safe deposit box) can be handled through the drive-up window or ‘contactless’ service channels like Patriot Mobile, eBranch, or telephone. Or you can call our Contact Center during regular hours at 888-777-9982. Members needing ‘in-person’ services can schedule an appointment by calling 888-996-2735 – please check branch availability for appointments. In accordance with the state mandate for universal masking, ALL employees and members accessing this building are required to wear an acceptable face covering/mask.
We also asking for your help. If you can use Patriot Mobile, eBranch or an ATM to conduct your transactions, please do so. It helps free up staff to help members who require assistance over the phone. Thank you again for your patience with occasional longer drive-up lines and extended telephone hold times. Our staff is working as quickly as possible to help each of you.
From all of us at Patriot – be well and stay safe.