Lay the Foundation for Financial Literacy
With Patriot’s youth programs, children to young adults — from grade school to college — can rely on Patriot, their local credit union to provide them with the products and services they need to succeed in life.
Patriot Pals Savings Program
Sign up for a Patriot Pals Savings Program and you can help little ones learn about money while having fun. All it takes is $5.00 to open an account, and your child will receive fun, exciting benefits including a passport booklet and a birthday postcard.
- Passport Booklet – Passport stamps are earned with every $5 minimum deposit into their Patriot Pals Savings Account. This helps teach your child the excitement of savings, and your child has a way to track their savings effort. What’s more, when the passport is filled, your child gets a prize!
- Birthdays Are Special – A happy day indeed! Your child will receive a personally addressed birthday card every year.
Free teen savings account for ages 13-17, intended to help them get off to a strong financial start. In addition, with a Patriot All-Stars membership, teens have the opportunity to open a free student checking account.
Help Them Save Even More
The Continuous Saver Certificate is the perfect stepping-stone to good savings habits. A great add-on to their Patriot Pals account!
- Open with as little as $25
- Additional deposits of $10 or more may be made as often as you like
- Available in terms of 24 and 60 months
- Higher rate than regular accounts
- Penalties may be imposed for early withdrawal
For the parent:
- Date of Birth
- Address/Contact Information
- Social Security Number/Tax Identification Number
- A current, government issued photo ID. If the address on the ID is not current, you will need proof of your address, such as a utility bill or lease
For the child:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
Additionally, cash or check for the initial deposit will also be needed.
For a teen to open a checking account, there needs to be a responsible adult as a joint owner. The adult will be responsible for all activity on the checking account. If they are opening a new membership at the same time as the checking account, please see the “What do I need to open an account for my child?” question above for requirements. If they already have a membership and they are adding a checking account, they won’t need to provide anything else. Various products and services will be available based on the age of the minor. Please contact us with any additional questions.
This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.